Arkansas Scrap Metal Laws
Arkansas has some special laws for selling scrap, so it would be great for you to know them all before you decide to sell scrap metal. We prepared important information about all the rules to help you get familiar with them quickly.
Here are the most important rules you should know:
- Arkansas requires a photograph to be taken of the customers face at the time of payout;
- In Arkansas seller must present and allow to take a copy of his ID card when selling scrap;
- Seller is required to allow the buyer to take a thumbprint (or another fingerprint if needed);
- Arkansas has special payment restrictions. If a seller has been previously convicted of scrap metal theft he will need to wait 3 days to be paid for any scrap metal that he sells;
- Photos (or videos) of the materials are required to be taken. They must include the weight and the description of the metal.
Now that you know the rules, you can safely start selling your scrap metal in Arkansas.